For about 7 weeks straight last year, I ate these almost every day. They are so tasty, surprisingly addicting, and they are REALLY healthy. No gluten, no lactose and they are free of any refined sugar. I would usually whip up a batch and then consume the entire thing in one sitting. I recommend these topped with maple syrup and homemade whipped cream.
Now you can really have your (pan)cake and eat it too, no guilt!!!! These (recipe #43) are light in calories and great for you.
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup of grated carrot (I imagine about 2 large carrots would give you more than enough)
- 1/4 cup sunflower butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Coconut oil (for cooking)
- Grate the carrots (I use a cheese grater) and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas with a fork.
- Whisk the eggs separately, then add to bananas. Stir together.
- Add the sunflower butter, cinnamon,and vanilla. Mix well.
- Fold in the grated carrots.
- Use a small spoonful of coconut oil to spread over your frying pan. Scoop a couple large spoonfuls of the batter onto the frying pan, per pancake. Cook the pancakes on the frying pan with medium heat. Note: Make these a little smaller than a traditional pancake. They will cook more evenly and be easier to flip that way.
- Top with maple syrup and homemade whipped cream.
This recipe makes 6-7 pancakes. Any that are not eaten can be stored in an airtight Tupperware container for 1.5 day or so. I would not recommend them after 2 days.