Who would have thought there was such a thing as 100% healthy, energy infusing, get-glowing-skin muffins? Packed with antioxidents, omega 3 fatty acids, protein and fiber, these guys offer a lot of bang for your nutritional buck. Dense, slightly crunchy and lightly sweet. And. Low in calories as well as filling.
Sound like a dream? Its not.
Here’s the recipe. And its an easy one at that, so get excited!
1 cup of rolled oats (I use gluten free ones but you can use regular as well)
1/2 cup of chia seeds
1.5 teaspoon of baking powder
1 or 2 tablespoons of cinnamon (you choose. I love it, so I used two)
1/3 cup of maple syrup
1/3 cup of non dairy milk (almond milk…soy milk…coconut milk-though not the kind in a can for cooking but the kind for drinking. You choose the type of non dairy milk!)
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F/150 degrees C. Lightly grease the cavities of the muffin pan.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the oats, chia seeds, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Add in the maple syrup, milk, and last but not least, the vanilla.
- Still together until ingredients are well combined.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins, filling each muffin cavity to the top. They will not rise when baked.
- Bake the muffins for about 20 minutes, until firm to the touch.
- Cool for 3-4 minutes and then carefully remove from pan. They should slide out easily but if not, use a butter knife to get them out.
- These are DELICIOUS warm, but just as good after they have cooled.
- I recommend them topped with coconut yogurt, though you can use anything you like. Greek yogurt, honey, regular yogurt, nut butter, the skies the limit. They are also equally tasty plain. I ate several with nothing on top, as well as a few with the coconut yogurt. Great both ways!
These can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for 4-5 days.
This recipe yields 6-7 muffins.
Inspired and adapted from Oh She Glows blog.
3 thoughts on “Get Glowing Power Muffins”
These look delicious! And packed full of nutrition too 🙂