Happy Wednesday, all!
This chocolate cheesecake is the perfect guilt-free (or nearly ;-)) treat. Made with no added sugar (honey aside), its gluten free (sans crust), though is decadent and delicious. Swirled through with Greek yogurt and bittersweet chocolate. This is a cheesecake you can feel significantly better about eating, as opposed to the traditional versions (which are far more laden with sugar, usually with a gluten-based crust, and more fat).
Here is how to make it!
16 ounces of cream cheese (I used the reduced fat version)
8 ounces of low fat sour cream
7-8 tablespoons of honey
10 ounces of bittersweet chocolate (I like Godiva, found in the baking aisle), melted
1.5 tablespoon vanilla extract
- With an electric mixer, blend the cream cheese and sour cream together.
- Beat in one egg at a time, until just incorporated.
- Stir in 8 ounces of the melted chocolate (set aside a few spoonfuls to use later). Note: for melting the chocolate, do so in the microwave, but be careful not to heat on too high a temperature or the chocolate will burn. Stir often when heating.
- Lastly, add the honey and vanilla into the batter.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into a spring form pan. Oven should be heated to 325 degrees F.
- Drop several small spoonfuls of Greek yogurt onto the cheesecake surface. Do the same with the remaining bittersweet melted chocolate. Swirl with a knife.
- Bake the cake for about 45 minutes, until the surface appears generally solid and not liquidy.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes on the counter top. Then, put into the fridge for at least 4 hours before eating. Possibly even overnight.
This cake will stay delicious for 4-5 days.
One thought on “Gluten free and Low Sugar Chocolate Cheesecake”