Good morning, all! Do I have the most awesome light, easy to make, totally tasty and super healthy breakfast (and/or snack) for you. Chia pudding. Never heard of chia seeds? Its time you did. Chia seeds are AWESOME for you. They provide your body with (to name a few compelling benefits): omega 3 fatty acids, are rich in antioxidants, and they provide fiber, calcium, and iron to your body. Plus, they can reduce risk of obesity, diabetes, heart disease, and lower overall mortality risk.
How bout that for a super food? 😉
Want to read more on this tiny yet powerful seed? Here is an article on chia seeds in Medical News today.
This recipe is grain/gluten free, dairy free, and sugar free. Yet, it tastes akin to tapioca pudding. So good.
So, how to make the chia pudding:
–1.5 cup of non dairy milk (almond, cashew, rice, coconut, you choose the kind of milk)
–3-4 heaping tablespoons of chia seeds
–3-4 tablespoons of either honey or maple syrup
–Optional: vanilla extract (a small spoonful)
- Combine the non dairy milk and chia seeds in a bowl. Stir well, making sure to submerge all the chia seeds in the milk several times. The seeds will expand when placed in liquid, though this takes an hour plus. This is what you want to happen though.
- Stir in the honey (or maple syrup). Mix well.
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour, though you can easily keep it in there overnight. I do this often.
- Eat and enjoy. (Stir well before eating it though, to break up any lumps and redistribute the seeds and honey).
- I recommend this dish to be heaped atop with mixed berries and eaten while still cool. Mmmmmmm.
One thought on “4 Ingredient Chia Berry Pudding”